Homeowner Association audits and tax preparation is a unique field that has special reporting requirements. Whether your Association is Self-Managed or managed by a Property Management Company, we have 40 years of experience providing services and building relationships within the Homeowner Association community.
- Audit/Review/Compilation of Financial Statements
- Tax Preparation, Consultation and Planning
The process of undergoing an Association Audit can be daunting… We are here to make the process as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Initiating an audit. You can request a proposal by calling, emailing or faxing your information. Please make sure to include the fiscal year end, legal name of the Association, the number of units and if there are any litigation or special assessments. Once this information is received and processed, a proposal known as an engagement letter will be sent to you. This letter must be signed by either a Board member or the Property manager and returned to our office.
2. The Audit. Once the audit is completed, we will issue an audit draft which is an unsigned copy. Upon receiving the audit draft, review it thoroughly. We are available by phone or email to discuss any questions. Only after you understand the audit should you sign the representation letter.
3. Lastly… receiving the final audit report. You will receive a signed final audit report once the representation letter has been signed by the President and Treasurer of the Association as well as the management company and received by our office. You will then need to send the final audit to the Homeowners by the 120th day after your fiscal year ends.
We are always available for you!
Please call 949-586-6640 with any questions!